Try June’s Beer of the Month!!
Brewed By: Innstadt Brauerei
Country: Passau, Germany
Style: German Hefeweizen
Bottle Size: 1 pt 0.9 fl oz.
Alcohol Content: 5.3%
Description: Pours a hazy golden color with balanced wheat body. Hints of orange and banana peel. Refreshing and smooth, perfect for a cool summer evening.
Receive 25% OFF this beer for the entire month of June!
Original Price: $7.25 Sale Price: $5.44
Enjoy our 2008 Domestic Goddess – Muscat Canelli with this delicious Strawberry-Chocolate Trifle for the summer!
2008 Domestic Goddess Strawberry-Chocolate Trifle
Vintage: 2008 Calories: 248
Varietal: Muscat Canelli Fat: 9.6g
Price: $12.50 Saturated fat: 6.6g
Residual Sugar: 7.1% Monounsaturated fat: 2g
Appellation: Horse Heaven Hills AVA Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
Awards Won: Protein: 0.6g
2006 Wine, Stein & Dine—Best Dessert Wine Carbohydrate: 38.4g
Best Champion White Wine– Gold Medal Fiber: 0.6g
2007 Wine, Stein & Dine— Cholesterol: 57mg
Best Northwest Wine– Gold Medal Sodium: 46mg
Wine of the Month: 2008 Muscat Canelli
85% Muscat Canelli and 15% Orange Muscat, this wine is named to please and honor your Domestic Goddess. This wine has the wonderful rich, full and sweet taste of Mango and Apricot and smells of honeysuckle blooms. At 7% residual sugar, enjoy it cold with fruit, crepes or dessert at any time of the day.
Pair with this recipe for a Strawberry-Chocolate Trifle for dessert!
- 15 oz. gluten-free devil’s food cake mix (1 package)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 oz. gluten-free vanilla instant pudding mix (1 package)
- 8 oz. frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed & divided
- 1/4 cup Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur; optional)
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using unsalted butter, eggs, and 1 cup water. Pour batter into an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray
- Bake at 350° for 38 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk 2 minutes. Cover and chill 5 minutes. Hold in 1 container whipped topping.
- Cut cake into 1-inch squares. Layer half of cake in bottom of a 4-quart trifle bowl. Brush cake with 2 tablespoons liqueur; spread half of pudding mixture over cake. Layer half of strawberries over pudding. Reserve 1/4 cup of remaining whipped topping. Top strawberries with remaining 1 1/4 cups whipped topping. Repeat layers with remaining cake, liqueur, pudding mixtures and strawberries. Cover and chill 8 hours. Dollop center of trifle with reserved 1/4 cup whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup just before serving.