Gewurztraminer & Stuffed Chicken
May 2012 Wine & Food Pairing Recipe
Wine of the Month
Ewe Eye – 2007 Gewurztraminer
Residual Sugar: 3.5%
Alcohol Content: 11.0%
Our Ewe Eye White is a parody on the local University of Idaho or UI. Made from a Gewurztraminer grape, our Ewe Eye is deliciously fruity with a grapefruit-like acidity that finishes smooth. Pairs well with pork roast, chicken, and spicy foods as its sweetness balances the taste buds.
This month’s Food Recipe comes from Raven Chelanee’s blog that is full of great recipes. Click the banner below to visit her site.
Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 4 thick slices of ham
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, scrambled
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2 inch with a meat tenderizer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place swiss, ham, monterey jack on top and roll. *
- Place one or two toothpicks to seal sides.
- Roll sealed chicken in egg then dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat for all chicken breasts.
- Bake 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Serve hot.
*Note: Gewurztraminer’s pair very well with spicy foods due to its peppery tones and slight sweetness to add a cooling effect. Try adding a little kick to your dinner by adding your favorite spicy seasonings that make you sweat!