Lemberger & Florentine Lasagna
March 2012 Wine & Food Pairing Recipe
Wine Spotlight: Lemberger
Residual Sugar: 0.5%
Alcohol Content: 12% by volume
- 2005 Idaho Wine Festival—Bronze Medal
- 2005 Washington D.C. Tasters Guild—Gold Medal
- 2008 Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits—Bronze Medal
- 2010 Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits—Bronze Medal
A wine and food pairing recipe perfect for any night! Whether you’re having a romantic dinner for two or making dinner for the entire family, try out this great wine and food pairing recipe.
This Florentine Lasagna recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens.Visit the link for full recipe: http://www.recipe.com/florentine-lasagna
Servings: Makes 8 Servings
Prep Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 12 oz. bulk Italian sausage or turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 14-1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 6 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 15 oz. carton ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & well-drained
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For meat sauce: In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. For filling: In a medium bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir in spinach.
- To assemble, in an ungreased 12×7-1/2×2-inch baking pan, arrange three of the cooked noodles. Spread with half of the filling. Top with half of the meat sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering noodles, filling, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.